Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Update to a Mid-Century Modern Hutch

 Day One:  A Hutch we Recognize but needs some serious Rejigin'! I started looking at our lovely mid-century modern hutch, which was given to us by my hubby's grandmother.  It was full of glassware and other odds and ends from our move.  It wasn't the show piece it truly needed to be. 
 
So, I moved it out of the kitchen, put it on our main wall in the lounge room and started to pull out our lovely white china, stemware and some vintage harlequin yellow pieces.  Then the super piece da resistance....  the Jonathan Adler dog bookends a dear friend gave to me as a gift, that was still in the package!  I might play around with it a tad more, but I really enjoy the simplify of the lines and color against the dark brown wood wall. 
 
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment